Bimda is a tax exempt not for profit professional association organized under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(6)
- To bring together physicians, dentists and other medical scientists of Indian heritage residing in Brevard county and central Florida.
- The association is organized exclusively for scientific, educational, cultural, and charitable purposes.
- To assist medical, dental, and students of human sciences and physicians & dentists in pursuing their career.
- To conduct seminars and other educational programs to acquaint members of new scientific developments in the field of human medicine.
- To support and foster the availability of medical assistance to indigent people in Brevard County, Central Florida and India.
- To make contributions to organizations those qualify as tax exempt organizations under section 501[c] of the IRS code of 1986, or the corresponding provision of any future U.S. IRS law.
- To provide mutual understanding and cooperation between this association and other medical societies.
- To maintain a directory of physicians of Indian origin.
- To provide other member services as needed.